Bottle of La Marginale 2020 - Domaine des roches neuves
Great wine from the Domaine des Roches Neuves - Thierry Germain at the best price
Thierry Germain's domain has become in a short time the reference of the Saumur-Champigny appellation. To be discovered without further delay!
- Vineyard work: South-facing vines with the particularity of warming up before the others and having a good maturity. This cuvée can only be produced in great vintages, knowing that we must find great balance. The grassing is natural.
- Working the soil: ploughing and de-cultivation for better aeration.
- Vineyard work: organic and biodynamic - Biodyvin label and Ecocert certification.
- Vinification: Manual harvest with sorting on a table at the reception in the cellar.
Yield: 35 hl/ha. Fermentation of the wine in wooden vats with very light pumping over just to wet the cap, followed by a maceration of 22 to 24 days depending on the type of wine we are looking for. Malolactic fermentation in 25 hl round wooden vats from Stoeckinger. Aged for 12 months in 228 litre barrels.
- Tasting : The colour is a beautiful intense ruby and offers a tree of reflections without any nuance of evolution. The nose releases pretty mentholated nuances, red fruit liqueur and star anise. On the palate, the attack is straightforward, powerful and immediately suggests the potential of a great terroir. Its intense fruitiness seems imposing and the acidity, without ostentation, draws the contours of the matter guaranteeing the aromatic identity of the flavours. The alcohol is coated and structures the matter in its verticality. The finish transcends by its clarity and richness.
- Terroir : Clay and limestone with a dominant turonian soil
- Grape variety : 100% Cabernet Franc
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Loire Valley Domains||Roches Neuves|
|Prix||From 30 to 50 €
Less than €30