Buy Domaine de la Janasse online | Châteauneuf-du-Pape

Here are the great wines of Domaine de La Janasse, one of the stars of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. In 1973, Aimé Sabon, son and son-in-law of winegrowers, created his estate in the lieu-dit called "La Janasse". His children Christophe and Isabelle joined him on an estate that has come a long way: it has grown (73 ha) and has collected stars in the Guide. In Châteauneuf: 3 favourites.

 

What are the Grandes Cuvées of La Janasse?

The Janasse Tradition is made from 75% Grenache, 15% Syrah and 10% Mourvèdre from vines that are on average 40 years old. The terroirs vary, with rocks, stones, sand and some clay, as well as limestone soils. The wine is aged in a combination of foudres and oak barrels used for 12 months. Production averages 1,250 cases.

The Janasse Chaupin is made from 100% Grenache from old vines planted more than 100 years ago. Indeed, they were planted in 1912. The terroir consists of pure sandy soils in the Chapouin vineyard. 70% of the wine is aged in foudres, while 30% is aged in demi-muids. 25% of the demi-muids are new French oak from 12 months ago. Production averages 1,000 cases. This is my favourite Janasse wine.

The Janasse Vieilles Vignes is made from a blend of 85% Grenache, 10% Syrah and 3% Mourvèdre. The rest of the blend comes from a myriad of different grape varieties which can be mainly Cinsault . Produced from old vines that range from 60 years old to over 100 years old. The terroir is mainly composed of galets, sand and clay. About 65% of the grapes are destemmed. The rest of the fruit is vinified in whole bunches. 75% of the wine is aged in foudres. The other 25% is aged in 40% new French oak demi-muids for 12 months. Some tasters love this cuvée. I find that the oak can overwhelm the Grenache in some vintages when the wine is young.

The Domaine Janasse Blanc is produced from a blend of 50% Grenache Blanc, 25% Clairette and 25% Roussanne. Aged in 80% new French oak barrels for 7 months, production averages 350 cases per year.

The Domaine Janasse Prestige Blanc is composed of 70% Roussanne, 15% Grenache Blanc and 15% Clairette. The wine is aged in new French oak barrels for an average of 14 months. The production is only 90 cases per year.

 

Domaine de La Janasse direct from the estate

Order your great bottles of vintage wines from Domaine de La Janasse on Comptoir des Millésimes.

Refine your

Search

14 produits

Le Domaine de la Janasse produit 3 vins de Chateauneuf du Pape Rouge : la Cuvée Tradition, la Cuvée Vieilles Vignes et la cuvée Chaupin et 2 cuvées de Chateauenuf du Pape Blanc : la Cuvée Tradiction Blanc et la Cuvée Blanc Prestige. Consultez nos vins du Domaine de la Janasse en Stock

De l'avis des plus grands dégustateurs, les meilleurs millésimes des vins de la Janasse sont : 2007, 2010, 20162015 et 2017. 4 cuvées ont obtenu la note de 100/100 par Robert Parker : Cuvée XXL 2016 et 2007 ainsi que la Cuvée Vieilles Vignes 2007 et 2010. Voir les prix des vins de la Janasse en Stock

Les derniers millésimes des vins du Domaine de la Janasse sont vendus à un prix allant de 35€ pour la cuvée tradition à 80€ pour la cuvée Vieilles Vignes. Les bouteilles des millésimes plus anciens et rares peuvent atteindre 200€ voir même 300€ pour la cuvée confidentielle XXL. Voir les prix des vins de la Janasse

2017 et 2018 sont des grands millésimes à Chateauneuf du Pape. Les vins de La Janasse en sont une très bonne illustration avec notamment la Cuvée Chaupin 2017 noté 94/100 par Robert Parker. Voir les Domaine de la Janasse 2017 et 2018

Les vins de la Janasse sont des vins puissants à l'image des Chateauneuf du Pape. Il convient de les boire avec des viandes rouges ou du gibier. Découvrir les accords mets et vins

Pour cela il vous suffit de commander vos vin du Domaine de la Janasse sur notre site ComptoirDesMillesimes.com. Les frais de livraisons sont de 7€ quelque soit le nombre de bouteilles que vous achetiez. Expédition sous 24h et livraison en 24/48h à votre domicile ou en point de retrait. Consultez les Prix des vins de la Janasse.