Champagne Charles Heidsieck | Grands Champagnes

 

About Maison Charles Heidsieck

The house Charles Heidsieck is one of the prestigious Champagne house, recognized in the field, internationally.

At the time of Charles Heidsieck's birth in 1822, his uncle was already running his own champagne house, Piper-Heidsieck, who had moved to Champagne from Germany at the end of the 18th century and married into the Piper family. Charles grew up in the vineyards and gained experience in his uncle's business, but his ambitious winemaking philosophy led him to found his own Champagne house in Reims in 1851. Instead of vineyards, Charles invested in 47 underground chalk cellars dating back to the 11th century, and it is still there that the wines are blended and aged. The current cellar master is Thierry Roset, who has been working at the property since the 1980s, and continues the impressive legacy previously established by the award-winning Daniel Thibault.

Non-vintage Champagne is made with meticulous attention to detail. 60% of the wine is vinified that year (with an equal distribution of the three main Champagne grape varieties: chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier) and the remaining 40% is a blend of reserve wines - a mixture of chardonnay and pinot noir between 5 and 20 years old. There are over 400 choices - more than most other Champagne houses - and once the team has decided on the blend, the wine is aged for a minimum of 3 years. This process is actually much more complicated than the production of their vintage Champagne, although it is always selected from 60 distinct vintages, achieving majestic complexity. Vintage Champagnes are aged from three to ten years before release, and can of course age comfortably for many years thereafter. Since 2011, the company has been owned by the Descours family, which is a very positive development, guaranteeing the company a family management with a long-term vision for the future.

Buy Charles Heidsieck Champagne at the best price

Find the great Champagnes of House Charles Heidsieck direct from the estate on Comptoir des Millésimes. Your Champagne at the best price in fast and secure delivery for only 7 euros of fixed charges.

Refine your

Search

5 produits