1 in stock
Are you looking for bottles of Lionel Faury?
Here is a superb property of the Rhone, which we will find on the site with the appellations Saint Joseph and Côte Rôtie. Find all the best references of the wine estate Lionel Faury on Comptoir des Millésimes. This is one of our partner estates, which means that their wines are sent directly to our cellar after being bottled at their estate. The winemakers reserve an allocation of their cases of wine for us each year. So don't hesitate to create an email alert (in the my alerts section) on the Lionel Faury estate to be the first to know about the latest arrivals.
How was the Faury estate born?
When Philippe Faury took over the estate in 1979, the family was selling wine, peaches and cherries, and most of their customers were local. Over the years, Philippe expanded their holdings to over eleven hectares, and extended sales to an international clientele. In addition, he shared his know-how with his son, Lionel. In 2006, Lionel took over the reins of Domaine Faury, comfortably assuming the role of vineyard and cellar manager, to build on his father's hard work and take the estate to new heights.
What you need to know about Domaine Faury's vineyard:
- The steep slopes of the northern Rhône present a difficult terrain where farming is only possible on terraces.
- On these terraced slopes, the Faury vines take full advantage of the southern and south-eastern sun exposure, thus benefiting from optimal ripening.
- The combination of predominantly granitic soil, high stem inclusion, gentle crushing of the grapes with a pneumatic press and temperature-controlled fermentation provides a vibrancy and freshness not often found in northern Rhône wines.
- The pigeage is not done with tools, but gently, on foot, which is not only poetic, but also pragmatic.
- Unlike many other winemakers in the region, the winemakers have a strong aversion to new oak. While all the wines are aged in wood, new barrels are kept to a minimum, and Lionel opts for larger formats better suited to his wines, mainly demi-muids and foudres.
- Made from prime terroirs and with minimal intervention in the cellar, these wines are loaded with classic flavours and display a remarkable rustic elegance.
Our other partners wine estates in the Rhône :
Alain Jaume - Alain Voge - André Perret - Beaucastel - Beaurenard - Bernard Gripa - Bosquet des Papes - Chapoutier - Château Gigognan - Clos des Papes - Clos du Caillou - Clos du Mont Olivet - Clos Saint Jean - Clos St Antonin - Coursodon - Delas Frères - Domaine Belle - Domaine Bonnefond - Domaine Charvin - Domaine Combier - Domaine Courbis - Domaine de Cristia - Domaine de Marcoux - Domaine Duclaux - Emmanuel Darnaud - Ferraton Père & Fils - François Villard - Georges Vernay - Gilles Barge - Guy Farge - Jean Michel Gerin - La Barroche - La Janasse - La Mordorée - La Solitude - La Vieille Julienne - Pierre Gaillard - Pierre-Jean Villa - Raymond Usseglio - Rostaing - Saint-Cosme - Saint-Préfert - Sang des Cailloux - Santa Duc - Stéphane Montez - Stéphane Ogier - Vieux Télégraphe - Vincent Paris - Yann Chave - Yves Cuilleron
All our beautiful appellations of the Rhône wines:
1 in stock
10 in stock
1 in stock
9 in stock