You are now on the selection of grands crus of St. Emilion. A wide choice of vintage grands crus of saint-Emilion at your disposal, great Bordeaux wines. All our Saint-Emilion wines are in stock and available for immediate purchase. Quickly discover the selection of cheap Saint-Emilion !

 

About the wine of Saint-Emilion

Saint Emilion is one of the largest wine appellations in Bordeaux with 5,565 hectares of vines. It is also the best known French appellation internationally, thanks in particular to La Jurade, created in 1884, which became the first winegrowers' union in France. The winegrowers' union established two AOCs: AOC Saint Emilion Grand Cru which represents nearly 70% of the appellation and AOC Saint Emilion for the remaining 30%. In 1955, it created a classification, reviewed every 10 years, which allows the Great Wines of St Emilion the following distinctions (Classification of 2012):

  • 1er Grand Cru Classé A:

Cheval Blanc, Château Ausone, Château Pavie and Château Angélus.

 

  • 1er Grand Cru Classé B:

The 1er Grand Cru Classé (B) of St Emilion. Regrouping 14 properties including the famous Château Figeac, neighbour of Cheval Blanc and also Château Belair (now Belair-Monange), Trotte Vieille, Pavie Macquin, Troplong-Mondot, Beausejour, Beausejour-Becot, Canon, Canon la Gaffeliere, Clos Fourtet, Valandraud, Larcis-Ducasse, La Mondotte and La Gaffeliere. 

   

  • Our other Bordeaux wines : 

POMEROL  -  MARGAUX  -  PAUILLAC  -  SAINT-JULIEN  -  SAINT-ESTÈPHE  -  SAUTERNES  -  PESSAC-LÉOGNAN  -  HAUT-MÉDOC  -  OTHER APPELLATIONS

   

  • Grand Cru Classé: 64 properties

The typicity of the wines of Saint Emilion comes from the use of Merlot on three quarters of the vineyard. The other grape varieties used are Cabernet Franc for 15% of the vineyard and Cabernet Sauvignon for the rest. This blend produces rich and solid wines with great aromatic complexity. The Grands Crus of Saint Emilion can age over 20 years for the best of them. They then soften to give elegant wines with a very fine texture.

 

The terroir of St Emilion is characterised by two very distinct parts:
- Around the village remains the plateau made up of Limestone at Asteries. South of the plateau, the steep slope called the Côte is composed of clay and limestone scree.
- North of the appellation, near Pomerol, the soil is made up of a layer of sand and gravel with sometimes a high clay content at depth. This type of soil allows a simpler cultivation of Cabernet Franc. Note that the château Cheval Blanc and Figeac have the particularity of having a strong mix of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon.

 

The best vintages of Saint Emilion?

Here is the classification of the best vintages of Saint Emilion :

2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1990, 1989, 1985, 1964, 1961, 1959, 1955, 1953, 1950, 1949 and 1945.


Some mythical bottles of the St Emilion appellation :

Château Cheval Blanc 1947, Château Cheval Blanc 2010, Château Ausone 2000, Château Ausone 2005, Château Figeac 1949, Château Angélus 1989, ..

  

  • All our St Emilion wines:

Angélus  -  Ausone  -  Canon  -  Cheval Blanc  -  Figeac  -  La Gaffelière  -  Pavie  -  Pavie-Macquin  -  Troplong Mondot  -  Valandraud

Refine your

Search

271 produits
Château Mangot 2018
Red2018 Bordeaux Saint-Emilion
93-95/100 Robert ParkerRP
Partners estate
Price28

155 in stock

Chateau Haut Simard
Red2010 Bordeaux Saint-Emilion
89-92/100 Wine SpectatorWS
Price29
Regular price 34

106 in stock

Château Fonroque
Red2016 Bordeaux Saint-Emilion
93/100 Wine SpectatorWS
95/100 Robert ParkerRP
Price44

26 in stock

Château l'Arrosée 2005
Red2005 Bordeaux Saint-Emilion
91/100 Wine SpectatorWS
91/100 Robert ParkerRP
Price88

1 in stock

Clos Fourtet 2016
Red2016 Bordeaux Saint-Emilion
95/100 Wine SpectatorWS
95/100 Robert ParkerRP
Price135

9 in stock

There are 64 chateaux with the appellation St Emilion Grand Cru. The conditions of production of the wines of St Emilion Grand Cru must obligatorily respect a yield limited to 40 hl/ha and an ageing period of 12 months. Check out the prices of St Emilion Grand Cru in stock

Since 2012, there are 4 First Great Classified Growths A: Château Angélus (promoted in 2012), Château Ausone Château Cheval Blanc and Château Pavie (promoted in 2012) and 14 First Great Classified Growths B. 

The Grands Crus of St Emilion can be kept from 5 to 10 years before being tasted. The Grands Crus Classés of Saint Emilion can be kept between 15 and 25 years. 

The wines of St Emilion go very well with poultry, red meat and game. Discover the Tasting Guide of St Emilion wines

The price of a Saint Emilion Grand Cru is between 20€ and 30€ per bottle. For a Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classé you will have to pay between 40€ and 100€.