Buy bottles of Chateau Les Gravières 2016 at the best price
Saint Emilion Grand Cru from the estate
(88 - 90)/100 Parker
When to drink this wine? Drink now through 2030.
Tasted by Neal Martin in 2017: "The 2016 Les Gravieres has a lovely perfumed bouquet of ripe red cherry and crushed strawberry, followed by a touch of orange blossom. The palate is quite powerful with grippy tannins and plenty of blackberry and blueberry fruit, leading to a structured tobacco-tinged finish. This is a well-made Saint Emilion.
THE ESTATE TELLS YOU ABOUT IT
- Appellation : Saint-émilion grand cru
- Grape Variety: 100% Merlot
- Soil: 4.5 hectares in the communes of St Sulpice de Faleyrens and St Laurent des Combes. Sandy-gravelly, deep gravel, cool subsoil of iron dross.
- Vines: Average age 38 to 45 years, density 5,500 vines/ha, grassed and drained vines.
- Average yield 35 hl/ha.
- Viticulture: Leaf removal and green harvesting in June and August, manual removal of internodes, organic amendments only, manual harvesting with rigorous sorting on a table.
- Vinification: Fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats, pre-fermentation cold maceration (6°C) for 8-10 days, délestage and pigeage, long vatting period of over 30 days. Malolactic fermentation in new barrels. Aging on lees. Aged in 100% new barrels for 16 months.
|Note||Between 86 and 90|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Châteaux bordeaux||Château Les Gravières|
|Prix||Less than €30|