Beaune 1er cru 2017 Les Grèves - Domaine de Montille
From the estate
Aging potential : 2022 to 2040
Tasting note by William Kelley on February 13, 2020: "The 2017 Beaune 1er Cru Grèves shows well in bottle, unfolding in the glass with aromas of strawberries, cherries and plums mixed with sweet earth tones and licorice. On the palate, it's velvety and charming, with supple tannins and a nice core of fruit."
THE DOMAIN TELLS YOU ABOUT IT
- The appellation : The name "Les Grèves" refers to gravelly soils and can be considered as a derivative of "graves", a kind of friable rock, fine scree associated with clay favorable to the culture of the vine. This rather large Cru (about 20 hectares), located in the heart of the hillside, is considered as one of the best "premier cru" of Beaune.
- The vines: Planted on a light, clay-limestone soil, they benefit from an optimal exposure.
- The vision of the cuvée at the domain: The Beaune 1er Cru "les Grèves" is a wine of a rare finesse; we classify it as a Grand 1er Cru: those 1er Cru which are close to the Grands.
- The style of the House: The Domaine de Montille is known for producing wines of great aromatic purity, always favoring balance and elegance rather than power or extraction. The wines are a classic expression of Burgundy, produced in the most natural way possible and with an impressive capacity for ageing as we believe that only time reveals the Great Wines. The current style of the domain remains faithful to the naturalness and classicism recognized in Hubert's wines, some of which required a lot of patience, but Etienne is committed to bringing more openness in the bouquet of the reds, and more silkiness and unctuosity in the textures without compromising the wines' ageing capacity.
- Vineyard culture : The Domaine has been practicing organic culture since 1995. Our wines are now Ecocert certified. Since 2005, biodynamic viticulture has been added to these practices that respect the soil and the living.
|Note||Between 91 and 94|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Burgundy Classification||Premiers Crus|
|Domains of Burgundy||Domaine de Montille|
|Prix||From 50 to 80 €|