Château Camensac 2016
Haut-Médoc - 5th Grand Cru Classé
93/100 James Suckling
Cellaring potential: Drink now through 2026.
Tasting note: Lots of oak notes; spicy and toasty, with underlying plum aromas and flavors. A very fresh palate with lots of depth and detail. Drink now or cellar.
ADVICE AND TASTING:
When it comes to serving and tasting Camensac wine, here are some general tips:
- Serving temperature: It is recommended to serve it at a temperature slightly cooler than room temperature, generally between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius.
- Aeration: Like most quality red wines, it can benefit from aeration before being tasted. You can either pour it into a decanter and let it aerate for about an hour, or let it open up gradually by pouring it into your glass and swirling it gently.
- Glasses: Use tulip-shaped or balloon-shaped wine glasses to enjoy this wine. These types of glasses allow the aromas to concentrate and provide a better sensory experience.
- Food pairings: Camensac goes well with a variety of dishes, such as red meats, roasts, game and hard cheeses. Try pairing it with foods that complement its flavors and structure.
- Tasting: During the tasting, take the time to observe the dress of the wine (its color), inhale the aromas and take small sips to fully savor the flavors. Try noting the different flavor layers and nuances present in the wine.
|Note||Between 91 and 94|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|1855 Rankings||5th Grands Crus Ranked|
|Prix||From 30 to 50 €|