Hermitage Nobles Rives 1996 - Cave de Tain
- Geographical location: Northern Côtes du Rhône, left bank of the Rhône
- Grape variety: Syrah
- Terroir : Granite and alluvial terraces with rolled pebbles
- Climate: Continental with a Mediterranean influence. Sheltered from the north wind, most of the slopes are south-facing and benefit from excellent sunshine.
- Vinification: Hand-picked when fully ripe.
- Traditional maceration in concrete vats at 28°C with gentle extraction methods: regular pumping over with the use of a marc sprinkler and delestage at the beginning of maceration. The vats are kept at 30°C for several days of post-fermentation maceration. Regular tasting to decide on the date of release.
- Ageing: 10% in vats; the rest in 228L Burgundy barrels of different ages: new (32%), 1 wine (7%), 2 wines (21%) and 5 wines (30%)
- Tasting notes: Intense red colour with purple hues. Elegant and concentrated aromas of perfectly ripe black fruits (blackberry, blackcurrant) and liquorice. In the mouth: a beautiful balance with supple tannins. The wood ageing completes the already complex aromatic palette of forest fruits and liquorice with notes of smoke, spice and vanilla. Like all Hermitage wines, this wine will express its full potential in a few years.
- Serving temperature: 16 - 18°C
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Areas of Rhône||Cave de Tain|
|Prix||From 50 to 80 €|