Châteauneuf du Pape Red 2012 - Château de Vaudieu
Directly from the wine estate
93/100 Wine Spectator
When to drink this wine : 2023 - 2035
Tasting: "Beautiful, pure aromas of flowers, raspberry and kirsch lead the way, followed by intense cherry and blackberry fruit combined with substantial but silky tannins. The long, mineral and shiso leaf-tinged finish lets the elements drape beautifully. Best from 2016 to 2030."
- This classic wine represents the main characteristic of the estate's style.
- Blend : GRENACHE BLANC 52% - ROUSSANNE 21% - CLAIRETTE 27%.
- Vinification: Château de Vaudieu is made from a very precise plot orientation, which allows us to pick the white grapes at their optimum maturity, in the south-west of the estate. The grapes are picked by hand, early in the morning to keep them fresh, and sorted and put in boxes to limit crushing. The bunches are gently pressed in a pneumatic press. The musts are selected and then sent to the stainless steel vat room, which is thermo-regulated. After cold settling, the Roussannes and part of the Grenaches are put into barrels to carry out the alcoholic fermentation.
- Ageing : Aged for 8 months in 228l barrels for the Roussannes and part of the Grenaches. (35% of the total volume in barrels).
- Tasting : Pale gold colour with silvery reflections. A nose opening on notes of white flowers and sweet spices, then lightly toasted brioche. The attack is lively and frank, then the roundness brought by the ageing process envelops the taste buds. The finish is long and confirms the impression of minerality felt on the attack. To be enjoyed now and for 10 years.
- Conseil de sommelier : To be served at 11-12°C, as an aperitif, then follow with a carpaccio of scallops with citrus fruit sauce, a grilled sea bass, or a nice truffle brouillade.
|Note||Between 91 and 94|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Areas of Rhône||Château de Vaudieu|
|Prix||From 30 to 50 €|