Cornas 2019 Les Vieilles Vignes - Alain Voge
This is our classic wine. The oldest of the Domain’s wines, it was created during the 1970s to highlight the long-standing family vineyard. Vines for this wine are located in the heart of the appellation, facing those we first replanted. Les Vieilles Vignes is a wine that reflects our history and our winemaking know-how.
Situated on slopes at an altitude of approximately 200 metres, facing South-South-East, the vines of our classic wine are on average 60 years old. Their roots delve deep down into old, worn granite rock, called gores locally.
• Organic certification for the vines and wine from the 2016 vintage and biodynamic methods used.
• Syrah vines trained and pruned in the Gobelet style and supported by stakes.
• Hand-picked harvests.
• Partial destemming with 20 % whole grapes.
• Fermentation with natural yeasts and maceration for several weeks in stainless steel vats, with cap-punching and pumping-over done twice a day.
• Maturation in 228-litre barrels for 20 months, with 15% new barrels.
• Amount of sulphite reduced: 42 mg/l total SO2 (100 mg/litre authorised in organic winemaking).
• Production : 13 138 bottles / 389 magnums.
• Ageing potential: 20 years.
|Note||Between 95 and 97|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Areas of Rhône||Alain Voge|
|Prix||From 50 to 80 €|