Buy bottles of Anjou Le Cornillard 2018 - Patrick Baudouin in stock
Prestigious Loire estate - Provenance property
When to drink this wine : 2021 to 2035.
Tasting by Stephan Reinhardt in 2021: "From a beautiful 1.36 hectare parcel on a southeast facing slope dipping towards the Layon and with the whole valley in view, the 2018 Anjou Le Cornillard has a brilliant golden colour as well as a deep, intense, spicy and flinty mineral bouquet with increasingly intense aromas of stewed yellow fruits indicating a wine of intensity, complexity and finesse. Made from low-yielding vines aged 50-70 years and aged in new and old barrels until May 2019, this is a powerful, rich and concentrated as well as juicy and refined Chenin with a mouth-filling texture and piercing saline acidity and mineral grip on the long, aromatic finish. It reveals aromas of ripe mirabelle plum on the palate and almost tropical fruit with fine but firm tannins. Very elegant and balanced, this is a wine that already has taste, but can be aged for a decade or two. 14.77% alcohol. Tasted in May 2021."
THE ESTATE TELLS YOU ABOUT IT:
- Grape varieties used: 100% Chenin
- Average age of the vines: 50/70 years S
- Number of bottles for this vintage: 3300
- Harvesting : Entirely manual
- Vinification and Maturing : Fermentation and maturing in barrels of several wines.
- Fermentation : slow, no yeast added, total spontaneous malo
- Bottling : May 2020
- Alcohol % vol Acquired : 14.5
- Residual Sugar (G+F): 1.1
- The cuvée : A powerful and racy cuvée, emblematic of the potential of our dry chenins on schist. A gastronomic wine. Very beautiful parcel on a hillside plunging towards the Layon, on one of the most beautiful meanders of the river, with the whole valley in perspective. South-east exposure. Schistose soil from before the primary era. The soil has been worked with horses since autumn 2016.
|Note||Between 91 and 94|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Loire Valley Domains||Patrick Baudouin|
|Prix||From 30 to 50 €|