Château Martinens - Margaux

Situated to the west of the commune of Cantenac and south-west of Margaux, the Château Martinens is a 25-hectare vineyard estate planted on superb gravelly, sandy-clayey hilltops with a clay-limestone subsoil.

What are the specificities of Château Martinens?

The estate was previously a co-ownership occupied by three London sisters as a second home until 1776. 1776 is the year Pierre Chargeur, a Bordeaux merchant, became the owner of the estate. He bought up plots of land and gradually began to build the estate as we know it today. In the years following, the Château has changed hands many times. In 1945, it was Mrs Simone Dulos and her son, the mayor of Cantenac, Jean-Pierre Seynat-Dulos, who acquired it.

The vineyard offers a wine tasting composed of different grape varieties:

  • Merlot 64,5%
  • Cabernet Sauvignon 21%
  • Petit Verdot 10%
  • Cabernet Franc 4.5%

The harvest is carried out manually with a sorting of the grapes before destemming. Vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats, 45% of the wine is aged in new barrels and the remaining 55% continues the ageing in stainless steel vats. The annual production of Château Martinens is close to 100,000 bottles.

The 2000 vintage is the most successful vintage of the Château and stands out very clearly from other vintages.

The vineyard of Château Martinens is now in land rent and since 2008 it has been integrated into the Château Lascombes.

Discover our most beautiful bottles of Château Martinens on Comptoir des Millésimes.

Refine your

Search

3 produits