Buy bottles of La Folie 2019 Châteauneuf du Pape - Bosquet des Papes at the best price
Direct from the estate
- Production: 3500 bottles per year
- Terroir : Rolled pebble soil. Plot located on the Mont Redon plateau.
- Old vines aged between 90 and 100 years.
- Grape varieties: 80% Grenache Noir and 20% Mourvèdre.
- Tasting notes : Nice bright red colour with brilliant reflections. Discreet nose, slightly roasted, with scents of cocoa beans, coffee and liquorice. Fleshy and powerful on the palate, with structured tannins and aromas of red fruits and spices.
(94 - 96)/100 Parker
When to drink this wine : 2023 - 2035
Tasted by Joe Czerwinski in 2022: "A blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Mourvèdre from a one-hectare parcel in the Mont Redon area, the 2019 Châteauneuf du Pape La Folie was still in barrel at the time of my visit. Produced only in exceptional vintages (2007, 2015, 2016), it offers notes of cedar, vanilla and mint alongside ripe black cherries. It's not new oak, but it must still be relatively young, and the result is a big, rich, rather New World-style wine, guaranteed to please open-minded hedonists and horrify stodgy traditionalists. Velvety, plush and long on the finish, there's no denying the quality of this wine, though whether you'll like its style is a different question."
|Note||Between 95 and 97|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Areas of Rhône||Bosquet des Papes|
|Prix||From 80 to 150 €|