Order wines : Château Canon la Gaffelière 2019
Saint-Emilion - Premier Grand Cru Classé B
97/100 James Suckling & 96/100 Parker
- When to drink this wine : 2025 - 2050
- Tasted by JS in 2022 - "Aromas of black plums, blueberries, bark, dried leaves, mahogany, licorice and nutmeg. Quite powerful with silky, ripe tannins. Layered and supple with an elegant, polished finish. Voluptuous. One of the best in a long time. "
- Merlot noir (55%: main grape variety), Cabernet-Franc noir (40%) and Cabernet-Sauvignon noir (5%).
- Pairings : Red meat.
- Serving temperature 15 - 16%.
- Soil : Clay-limestone and sandy-clay, very filtering, particularly receptive to heat.
Château Canon La Gaffelière is considered one of the most prestigious estates in Saint-Émilion. It is renowned for producing high quality wines, particularly red wines made from traditional Bordeaux grape varieties. It is also classified as premier grand cru B in the St Emilion wine classification. The wines are sought after by enthusiasts and collectors around the world.
Operating temperature :
Bordeaux red wines, including Canon La Gaffelière, are generally served at a temperature of 16 to 18 degrees Celsius. This allows the wine to express itself fully and reveal its complex aromas and flavors.
Canon La Gaffelière is mainly composed of three Bordeaux grape varieties: Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Merlot often brings a silky texture and notes of red fruits, Cabernet Franc brings floral and spicy aromas, while Cabernet Sauvignon adds structure and notes of blackcurrant and tobacco.
Canon La Gaffelière is known for its aromatic complexity. When tasting it, you can expect aromas and flavors of ripe dark fruits such as black cherry, blackberry and blackcurrant, as well as notes of spices, vanilla, tobacco and sometimes even floral touches. The combination of grape varieties used contributes to the richness and balance of the wine.
Evolution in the cellar:
Canon La Gaffelière wines are often renowned for their aging potential. Depending on the vintage and storage conditions, these wines can evolve favorably in bottle for many years, developing more complex characteristics and more nuanced flavors over time.
|Note||Between 95 and 97|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Châteaux bordeaux||Canon La Gaffelière|
|Prix||From 80 to 150 €|