Le Fondis 2018 - Domaine Amirault
Loire - Wine from Domaine Agnès and Xavier Amirault
- Score: 92/100 Parker
- Cellaring potential: Drink now to 2033.
- Stephan Reinhardt's tasting on October 14, 2021: "Fascinatingly spicy with a deep, intense and generous nose. An elegant, pure, refined and perfectly ripe wine. There are blackberry aromas on the nose with hints of licorice, crushed stone and even black pepper. Taut, intense and fresh, with a silky texture and a complex of ripe and elegant tannins. This is another perfectly concentrated, fine and vibrant 2018 vintage red from western Touraine. Fondis is already drinking incredibly well but should age for years."
- Grape Variety: Cabernet Franc
- Origin and originality : This parcel located in the locality : Le FONDIS, has been known to make good wine for over 300 years. We found maps pointing out the places of excellence of the region for the harvest of fruits and vegetables. Fondis was already famous at that time for its wine! This parcel could be considered for a "Cru", if we were to make the effort. In this vineyard we spend 30% less time than in the others to maintain it. It is less sensitive to disease, its grapes are always beautiful and well balanced.
- Vineyard management : On this type of soil, "deep gravel on a clay base", it is important to maintain a balance allowing the vine not to suffer from the weather (drought, heavy rain). This balance is obtained by a weak contribution of compost "House" receiving the biodynamic preparations. At the beginning of winter, we plow the soil very shallowly to bury the compost. In the spring, the weed is controlled by its natural flora, better controlling the vigor of the vine to produce wines of great typicity. The vineyard is harvested by hand, with a first sorting on the stump so that the fruits arrive in the cellar in perfect sanitary condition.
- Vinification and Maturing : The aim is to harvest perfectly healthy grapes at optimum maturity. The harvest is destemmed and sorted a second time, then a "full vinification" takes place. The grapes are directly introduced into 500L barrels (demi-muids). The winemakers use only the indigenous yeasts of each plot. Then comes the maceration of 3 to 5 weeks and the winemakers roll the barrels several times a week at the beginning, then they stop from the 3rd week. Vinification without any input. Once the wine is drawn, they gently press the "marcs" (skin and pips after maceration) which they blend with the free-run juice, then they put the wine in the same barrels for an 18 to 24 month ageing.
Find the great vintages of the domain on Comptoir des Millésimes !
|Note||Between 91 and 94|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Incompatibility wooden box||Yes|
|Loire Valley Domains||Xavier Amirault|
|Prix||Less than €30|