Saint Péray 2019 Harmonie - Alain Voge
- The cuvée: First vintage in 2001. With this blend of different plots, the estate aims to express the personality of the Marsanne grape variety as faithfully as possible.
- Marsanne grape variety grown in goblets on stakes.
- Manual harvesting.
- Low temperature vinification in concrete vats.
- Malolactic fermentation.
- Aged on fine lees in concrete vats for about 10 months.
- Bottled in the spring following the harvest.
- Reduced sulphiting - total SO2 53 mg/l (allowed in organic wine: 150 mg/l).
- Production: 9,990 bottles
- Ageing potential: 5 years
- Cultivation: The entire estate is farmed organically and biodynamically.
- Vines : The vines are on average 30 years old and are planted on colluviums mixed with granitic arena and clay-limestone.
- 2019 vintage: For the third consecutive year, the season was hot and dry, although not as early as the previous two. The water deficit and the heatwaves which blocked ripening in certain sensitive plots were however made up for by 2 nice rains at the end of the season. Slight powdery mildew pressure throughout the vineyard. An excellent behaviour of the historical terroir of Saint-Péray (old marsannes on clay-limestone soil) in these hot conditions. In the end, the quality of the harvest was very good, the quantities were in accordance with the regulations, and the vinification yielded very good juice.
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Areas of Rhône||Alain Voge|
|Prix||Less than €30|