Arbois Savagnin 2018 - Bénédicte et Stéphane Tissot
Jura - Domaine André et Mireille Tissot
- Ageing : To be drunk from 3 years in the cellar. Can be kept for ten years or more.
- This Arbois from Domaine Tissot comes from 2 clay terroirs located in En Spois and La Vasée, for a total of 2.30 hectares of Savagnin planted between 1968 and 2000, which produce just under 10,000 bottles each year.
- Aged for 30 months in oak barrels in the manner of yellow wines, under a veil of yeast, without topping up.
- It is a deep orange wine, quite cloudy, there is something earthy, a clay feel to it that makes it a bit powdery/rustic. The pellicular maceration has left its mark, with notes of quince paste and yellow flowers, marked tannins and a bitter finish. It's more about the process than the grapes or the place.
- The grapes for the Arbois Savagnin Amphore Sulphur Free White were de-stemmed by hand, fermented with a five month maceration, half in 420 litre French amphorae and half in Qvevry, and then pressed. The wine was then aged in equal parts in barrels and French amphorae for six months.
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Estates of the Jura||Stéphane et Bénédicte Tissot|
|Prix||From 30 to 50 €|