Hommage à Jacques Perrin 2003 - Château de Beaucastel
Really good vintage
- 95/100 Parker
- When to drink this wine? A wine to be kept for a long time, when it has reached maturity. You can enjoy it now.
- Tasted by Jeb Dunnuck in 2013: "Still young, the 2003 Château de Beaucastel Chateauneuf du Pape Hommage a Jacques Perrin is ruby-colored on the edge and offers smoky black fruits, assorted floral characteristics, licorice, truffle and great minerality to go with a powerful, dense and chewy mouthfeel. With air, it becomes spicier. This beauty is still in the early stages of maturity and needs another 3-4 years in the cellar to fully shine. After that, it should have another ten years or so to drink. Impressive! This is a big step up from the traditional cuvée. It is worth noting that this bottle developed subtle cork aromas over the course of the evening. However, even on the second day, these aromas were still subtle and overshadowed by the core of the fruit, hence my decision to include this review. ".
- Main grape variety : Old vines of Mourvèdre, the ancestral grape variety of Châteauneuf du Pape rehabilitated by Jacques Perrin.
- Tasting: this is a wine of incredible concentration. Great aromatic complexity - black fruits, spices, leather... - its tannins are fine, noble and elegant. Very pure.
- Aging potential: A remarkable ageing potential due to a particular vision of Châteauneuf du Pape, with the greatest respect for the terroir from which it comes.
- A remarkable terroir, very old vines worked in the most natural way possible, according to the principles of biodynamics dear to Jacques Perrin.
|Between 95 and 97
|12,50 % vol - 75 cl
|Areas of Rhône
|More than €150