Buy bottles of Un Faune avec son Fifre 2019 - Clos des fées at best price
Clos des Fées estate's "Un Faune avec son Fifre" is a red wine produced in the Roussillon region of France. Domaine Clos des Fées is renowned for its artisanal approach to producing high-quality wines. This is a wine that falls into the category of characterful reds. It is generally made from a blend of grape varieties typical of the region, such as Grenache, Syrah and Carignan. These grape varieties bring complexity, richness and depth to the wine.s.
- Sight: This wine's color is a deep, intense red, with violet highlights. Its color evokes concentration and youthfulness.
- On the nose: The first nose reveals powerful aromas of black fruits, such as blackberry and black cherry, accompanied by a spicy touch of black pepper. Notes of Mediterranean garrigue, such as thyme and rosemary, add a further herbaceous, aromatic dimension.
- On the palate: "Un Faune avec son Fifre" offers a fine structure, with present but silky tannins. The palate is generous and ample, revealing ripe red fruit flavors such as raspberry and plum. The spices of the nose are also present, adding complexity and a hint of warmth. The finish is long and persistent, leaving a pleasant sensation of freshness and fruitiness.
- Food pairing : This characterful red wine goes perfectly with rich, flavorful dishes such as grilled meats, stews and mature cheeses. Its intensity and complexity also allow it to age in the cellar for a few years, to develop further aromatic nuances.
- Ageing capacity: 2024 - 2037
Winemaker Hervé Bizeul explains: "Cabernet-Franc is the majority grape variety, resulting from a high-quality massal selection. Planted at 6,800 vines/hectare, goblet pruned, on individual stiles. North-facing terroir, at the western foot of a limestone cliff. Plantations oriented so that each vine protects its neighbor from direct sunlight. Merlot on "le Clos des Fées" plot, in goblet, multi-clonal planting in crowds on stilts. Harvested at the end of the phenolic maturity plateau. Mixed berry" vinification. Temperature-controlled vinification, with punching of the cap and pumping over. Aged in barrels, partly new, then in vats, until early bottling, generally in May/June. Aiming for finesse, length and salinity for a new expression of the grape variety on a great clay-limestone terroir. Dark garnet-red wine, nose of ripe red fruit, delicate hints of baked red bell pepper. Tannic, silky, long and distinguished on the palate, the term "classic" immediately comes to mind. The label changes every year, as Faune evolves with the wine..."
|12,50 % vol - 75 cl
|Clos des Fées
|From 30 to 50 €