Les Vieux Clos 2020 - Coulée de Serrant - Nicolas Joly
It also bears the name Savennières. The vines, with an average age of about twenty years, are the result of massal selections, not clonal selections, to increase the aromatic complexity. The soils are mainly schist, but also sometimes quartz and more rarely sand. Yields are 30/35 hectolitres per hectare (50 authorised). Vinification in wood or in vats.
Technical details :
- Total surface area: 5.5 hectares, slopes rather East, sometimes steep.
- Average age of the vines: 25/30 years
- Grape variety : Chenin blanc in massal selections.
- Soil: Schist, Quartz and Sand
- Yield: 30 hectolitres/hectare (authorised 50)
- Production: approximately 15,000 bottles / year.
- Agriculture: Biodynamic since 1981
In the cellar :
- Aged in oak barrels, not new.
- No chaptalisation, no re-raising, no temperature control
- 1 to 2 rackings and stirring.
- Low filtration and sulphiting
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Loire Valley Domains||Coulée de Serrant|
|Prix||From 30 to 50 €|