Rivesaltes 1931 - CAZES
- Partner Areas
- Recoverable VAT
- Bottle (75cl)
- 12,50 % vol - 75 cl
- Incompatibility wooden box
- Maison Cazes
Rivesaltes 1931 - CAZES
For a unique gift, we suggest our special reserve of Rivesaltes with exceptional aromatic qualities developed after several decades of maturing in barrels. This Vin Doux Naturel, with only 500 bottles per vintage from 1931 to 1962, will seduce lovers of rare wines.
Tasting : This Rivesaltes has a very fine nose, smoky on leather, honey and cinnamon, with beautiful notes of Rancio and a floral side. It is a complex wine, fat, powerful and extremely long on the palate.
Grape variety : 100% Grenache Blanc
Terroir : Clay and limestone with rolled pebbles from the foothills of the Corbières.
Vinification : Direct pressing. Fortification with neutral alcohol in liquid phase during alcoholic fermentation.
Ageing: This wine has been aged for more than eight decades in its original cask
ABV: 17.5% alc/vol
What is this kind of wine?
This bottle of Rivesaltes Cazes is not defined by its "red" or "white" colour, it is a natural sweet wine made from Grenache noir. It is called a "Vin Tranquille" (red or white). This wine is "mutated" when brandy is added at 90° during fermentation. This addition of alcohol stops the alcoholic fermentation and modifies the balance of the wine:
- The degree of alcohol is higher than in a still wine.
- The sweetness is higher, since by stopping the fermentation, the yeasts have not had time to finish their effort and have not transformed all the sugars present in the base wine into alcohol.
- Bottles of Rivesaltes are wines that can be kept for a very long time. The wine has remained in barrels for decades and has only recently been bottled; hence the perfect condition of the bottle.
All the bottles offered on the site are in stock and available immediately. Cylinders are sold individually with no minimum order. Delivery costs are fixed: whatever the number of bottles you order.
All orders placed before 12H00 are prepared and shipped the same day, Monday to Friday.
- Delivery information France : Delivery Point Relay 7€ / Home Delivery 10€. Free shipping from 500€ (relay and home) The supplement for delivery in Corsica is 30€. All orders placed before 12H00 from Monday to Friday will be delivered the next day before 13H00.
- Delivery information Belgium : Delivery Point Relay 7€ / Home Delivery 10€. Free shipping from 500€ (relay and home)
• Delivery information : Europe Zone 15 € or 20 €. - The cost is 15 € in zone 1 : Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark, Finlanc, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK. - The cost is 20 € in zone 2 : Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Rep.
During the processing of your order, you will receive an email containing the tracking number of your package in order to follow online the progress of the delivery in real time.