Buy bottle of Rivesaltes 1964 - CAZES at the best price
Directly from the wine estate
- For a unique gift, we suggest our special reserve of Rivesaltes with exceptional aromatic qualities developed after several decades of maturing in barrels. This Vin Doux Naturel, with only 500 bottles per vintage from 1931 to 1962, will seduce lovers of rare wines.
- Tasting : This Rivesaltes has a nose marked by aromas of cocoa and fresh plums. The mouth is on black fruit and leather, with a spicy finish full of freshness.
- Grape variety : 100% Grenache Noir
- Terroir : Clay and limestone with rolled pebbles from the foothills of the Corbières.
- Vinification : Direct pressing. Fortification with neutral alcohol in the liquid phase during alcoholic fermentation.
- Ageing: This wine has been aged for nearly eight decades in its original cask.
- ABV: 17.5% alc/vol
What is this kind of wine?
This bottle of Rivesaltes Cazes is not defined by its "red" or "white" colour, it is a natural sweet wine made from Grenache noir. It is called a "Vin Tranquille" (red or white). This wine is "mutated" when brandy is added at 90° during fermentation. This addition of alcohol stops the alcoholic fermentation and modifies the balance of the wine:
- The degree of alcohol is higher than in a still wine.
- The sweetness is higher, since by stopping the fermentation, the yeasts have not had time to finish their effort and have not transformed all the sugars present in the base wine into alcohol.
- Bottles of Rivesaltes are wines that can be kept for a very long time. The wine has remained in barrels for decades and has only recently been bottled; hence the perfect condition of the bottle.
|12,50 % vol - 75 cl
|More than €150