Pouilly Fuissé 2020 - Domaine Ferret
From the estate
- Location : It is a blend of the small plots of land located around the amphitheater of Fuissé, this wine is the ambassador of this beautiful theater.
- Age of the vines: Planted between 2018 and 1947, a little more than 70 years separate the young plantation from their elders. The average is 40 years. It is also in one of the oldest vines of this cuvée ("Les Vernays" planted in 1955) that the estate's massal selection is carried out.
- Soil : On its own, this cuvée illustrates all the geo-pedological complexity of the commune of Fuissé. One part is granitic with about 1/3 facing west from schists, volcano-sedimentary sandstones and rhyolitic tuffs, the other 2/3 facing east, from Jurassic limestones and marls but also from residual clays.
- Vinification : 55% of the wine is made in stainless steel vats and 45% in barrels. No new barrels. Only barrels of 1 to 4 wines. Bottled in November 2019, on a waning moon, fruit day.
- Tasting: A beautiful balance between roundness and freshness. A tension and discretion that bodes well for a sunny vintage characterize this cuvée with delicate sap.
- Food and wine pairing : Crustaceans and seafood, grilled and pan-fried fish. White meats and fresh goat or cow cheese.
|Note||Between 86 and 90|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 75 cl|
|Domains of Burgundy||Ferret|
|Prix||From 30 to 50 €|