Purchase of half bottles of Spirale 2015 - Vin de France Passerillé - Bénédicte and Stéphane Tissot
Jura - Former Domaine André and Mireille Tissot
When to drink this wine : Now to 2025+.
Tasted by Luis Gutiérrez in 2019: "Once again, I tasted the straw-like 2015 Spirale Passerille a l'Ancienne wine a bit hastily, as I had to run to see Tissot's neighbour, Monsieur Aviet. It's a very sweet, low-alcohol blend of Savagnin, Pulsar and Chardonnay, with hints of dried apricots and a typical passito character, which doesn't feel as sweet as it is."
- Selection of several plots at the beginning of the harvest in the old vines, in order to choose the best grapes.
- Blend of 60% Savagnin
- 20% Poulsard
- 20% Chardonnay
- Exposure: West-facing
- Surface area for this wine: 1st sorting on 1.5ha
- Age of the vines: Selection of old vines
- Planting density: 7000 vines / ha
- Vineyard management: Organic and Biodynamic vineyard, Ecocert and Demeter certification. The vines are cultivated without weedkillers, chemical fertilisers or synthetic products. We use sulphur, copper and plant teas to treat the vines.
Harvesting, vinification and maturation:
- Hand harvested in wooden crates of 2 to 2.5kg on a bed of organic straw
- Passageage between 4 and a half and 6 and a half months, pressing then fermentation in barrels for 1 year.
- 8% alcohol. 300 grs of residual sugar
- Tasting notes: Very dense and rich wine with a nice fruitiness that leaves a nice freshness in the mouth. Aromas of quince, dried apricot and honey.
- Pairings: Drink on its own or with desserts with acidity such as passion ganache, apricot tart, orangette ....
- Aging potential: 20 years
What is passerillage*? A term used to describe the process of drying the grapes before making wine. Passerillage, generally practiced in the south of France, consists of exposing the grapes to open air drying under the sun after harvesting to increase their sugar concentration.
|Note||Between 91 and 94|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 37,5 cl|
|Appellation||Vin de France|
|Estates of the Jura||Stéphane et Bénédicte Tissot|
|Prix||From 50 to 80 €|