Chante le Merle Vieilles Vignes 2016 in Magnum Châteauneuf du Pape - Bosquet des Papes
THE CUVÉE CHANTE LE MERLE VIEILLES VIGNES
10,000 to 13,000 bottles per year.
Terroir / Average age of the vineyard
- Clayey limestone soil scattered with rolled pebbles accumulating heat during the day and returning it to the vines at night.
- Mixture of all types of soils of the appellation (pebbles, clay and sand).
- Selection of old vines aged between 80 and 90 years old.
- 80 % Grenache Noir 10 % Syrah
- 10% Mourvedre
Vinification / Maturing
- Traditional vinification in thermo-regulated concrete vats.
- No destemming.
- A few daily delestage and pumping-over are carried out with the utmost delicacy.
- Vatting time: about 35 days.
- Matured in new foudres and half-muids (15-20%): 12 to 18 months.
A nice shiny red colour with dark purple highlights. Elegant and complex nose. Very aromatic, this Chateauneuf-du-Pape is elegant and long in mouth. Powerful wine with a cellar potential for many years.
Served at room temperature, this powerful wine goes wonderfully with jugged hares, game and truffled omelettes.
TASTING OF THE 2016 VINTAGE BY THE WINE ADVOCATE
"Glorious raspberry and cherry fruit picks up hints of mint and some stemmy notes, but they're remarkably well-integrated and should be completely absorbed within a couple of years. Full-bodied, rich and creamy in texture, this tour de force remains lively, silky and long on the finish. With 1,000 cases produced, it should be reasonably priced and reasonably available—an increasingly rare combination in Châteauneuf-du-Pape." Joe Czerwinski, August 2018
Discover other wines of Chateauneuf du Pape 2016
|Note||More than 97|
|Volume||12,50 % vol - 150 cl|
|Areas of Rhône||Bosquet des Papes|